Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cleaning and Rearranging

I'ts been pretty busy week for us here at home.  Amanda and I began a cleaning "binge" last Friday and it has continued into this week. 

It seems like I am constantly working on ways to find extra space and this week I've been working on cabinets.  My Dad made me a couple of "free standing" shelves to put inside my lower cabinets and since they are not attached to anything I will be able to move them if I need to.   My cabinets were such a mess that there is no way I would take a BEFORE picture of them, but when I finish cleaning and rearranging I will take an AFTER picture. 

We live in a single wide mobile home that is situated on my parents ninety-two acres.  We made the decision to sell our house and move here about thirteen years ago and have no regrets.  Having said that, however, we have continually had space issues since we have four children.  Now that my daughter is married (and also lives on my parents land) we have a little more space for the boys, but it really didn't help all that much with overall space for foods, small appliances, etc.  Especially since the pantry and cabinet areas were just open space with doors.   No shelves!  At all!  

In the past I've been very creative with stacking things, but I don't know if we just have more things, or if I'm losing my touch.  Either way it was time for shelves and I am SO thankful for a "jack-of-all trades" Daddy that is willing to help out.   He and my youngest son, Ferrell, have made me two shelves out of scrap material Daddy has from working on their house and the two of them are planning to make me about three more shelves soon.  I don't know if you can tell, but I AM EXCITED!

What's going on at your place this week?

3 comments:

  1. Constantly cleaning out and rearranging...freezers must be cleaned out this weekend. Milk, milk, and more milk....and yesterday I bought about 20 pounds of apples at less than 50 cents a pound which need to be made into applesauce...tomorrow! Today it's finish up the school, finish up the today's batch of butter and finish up the laundry. Thankfully, dinner is now in the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all struggle with needing a bit more space in the cabinets:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lack space everywhere! I have almost gven up on trying to rearrange and finding space that's just not there. Sill, I struggle with it daily! What else can be done. Luv Loretta

    ReplyDelete