Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Delicious Homemade Sloppy Jo's

I have never cared much for Sloppy Jo's and that goes double for Sloppy Jo's made with canned sauce.  Last night changed that!  I made Sloppy Jo's that, not only my family loved, but I loved them too.   Thought I would share my new FAVORITE Sloppy Jo recipe.

Homemade Sloppy Jo's

ground beef (approximately 2-3 pounds)
1 large diced onion
3-4 diced garlic cloves
1 small can tomato paste
1/4 cup honey (can substitute sugar if desired)
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup brown sugar (can be omitted)
2 cups salsa (I used my homemade salsa that I canned last summer)
3 tablespoons mustard (I used Dijon)
1/2 tablespoon molasses

Cook ground beef with garlic and onion until meat is done.  Drain excess grease.  Combine remaining ingredients and add to meat in skillet.  Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.  DELICIOUS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment