Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Pineapple and Ham Casserole

I know I've been posting a lot of recipes lately, but for some reason I have really been in a "cooking mood" as my Mama would say.  Since I always love to try new recipes I thought maybe some of you would too. 

This is a recipe I got from my sister-in-law years ago and it's one of my husbands favorites.  I don't make it very often because it's a little sweet for the rest of the family,  but my husband loves it, so I do make it on occasion.

Pineapple and Ham Casserole

4 large cans pineapple tidbits, drained (save the juice)
2 cups shredded sharp cheese
2 cups sugar
12 tablespoons flour
2 cans chopped ham
Ritz cracker crumbs
2 sticks butter

Spray baking dish with non-stick spray and mix first two ingredients together and pour into baking dish.  In separate bowl, blend with spoon 12 tablespoons pineapple juice and 12 tablespoons flour and 2 cups sugar.  Pour over tidbits and cheese.  Sprinkle 2 cans chopped ham over pineapple mix.  Cover with Ritz cracker crumbs.  Melt 2 sticks butter and pour over cracker crumbs.  Bake at 325 degrees for 25 or 30 minutes.

You can substitute any ham that you may have on hand.  It will take about 2 cups.  We use gluten free pretzels crushed in place of ritz crackers to make this recipe gluten free.  You can also use less butter than the recipe calls for or a butter substitute if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment