Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gluten Free Haystacks

My children love homemade candy and haystacks are one of their favorites.  During the Christmas holidays I adapted my recipe so that it would be gluten free for Caleb.  It was really good and has ended up being a favorite of everyone.  During Christmas I made both gluten free and non-gluten free haystacks, but the last time I made them I only made the gluten free ones and had no complaints.  I haven't been making many sweets lately, but I think it's time to fix that :)  Here's my recipe for gluten free haystacks.

Haystacks

1 - 12 oz. bag gluten free butterscotch morsels
1 cup gluten free miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup gluten free peanut butter
1 cup peanuts or pecans (optional)
Chex cereal (I've used both Corn and Rice Chex.  Both are gluten free.)

Melt butterscotch morsels and peanut butter slowly and then add marshmallows.  Cook slowly until marshmallows are partially melted and add Chex cereal.  (I add enough to be plenty crunchy, but not so much that it won't stick together).  Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper and allow to set until firm.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment