Monday, April 4, 2011

Daybed Makeover

Cleaning and rearranging seems to be the story of my life lately.  I have spent a big portion of the past few weeks working on "finding" more space in my home and this weekend we began working on "finding" more space in Amanda's home.  That is especially important in light of the fact that she is about to make me a grandmother again. 

Amanda has decided that, with a new baby on the way, now would be a good time to start transitioning the girls into a new bedroom and sleeping arrangement.  We had a daybed in our barn loft that had been Amanda's before she married.  We decided that it would make a good bed for Rachel, so Saturday morning Ferrell climbed into the loft and got the bed down for us and we spent most of the day sanding and painting it for Rachel.  

Amanda let Rachel choose the paint for her "NEW" bed and of course being the "girly girl" that she is, Rachel chose PINK.   Below are a few before, during, and after pictures of the daybed's makeover.

If you look closely you can see where a large portion of the white paint has chipped off. 
Also the gold knobs were very faded and dull.

After sanding the flaking paint off, it was time to begin painting.
The finished project.

A happy little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment