Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Surprises

I mentioned in yesterday's post that Amanda and I cleaned and defrosted our chest freezer on Friday.  When we did that we found several surprises.  One of those surprises was SEVEN gallons of frozen blueberries!  I knew that I had some blueberries out there, but I had NO idea it was that many.   Since our freezer is a chest type it's very easy for things to get shifted to the bottom and forgotten about (although, in my opinion, seven gallons of blueberries is a LOT to forget about).  I guess I must have been busy at the time we picked them and just put them in the freezer to use later and forgot.  Oh well, we are excited about finding such a pleasant surprise. 

Sooo, in addition to making plum jelly with the remaining two bags of plums we found, I will also be making blueberry jam, blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, blueberry syrup, you get the picture, right?   Time to get to work!  Hope ya'll have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Everything sounds great when do we eat ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I guess you can eat as soon as you get home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some good eating! Love plum jelly...Yum! Yum! Sure wish you could send some our way. lol.
    Luv to you and Amanda! Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blueberries sound good. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete