Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Not Likely

Today is not likely to be a very productive day for me.  We live in the middle of a pine thicket and, as is always the case this time of year, the pollen from the pine trees is starting to be everywhere.  In addition to the pine tree pollen, we also spent Saturday mowing our yard and working in the garden.   What this means in our family is ALLERGIES and ASTHMA! 

Yesterday I was having trouble with my asthma, but so far I have only had to use an inhaler and lavender tea.  I'm thankful that I haven't had to have any breathing treatments yet.  I guess I'm like my children in that sense.  I HATE breathing treatments and how they make me feel. 

My sweet son and grandaughters are also having trouble with allergies.  Ellen has had a non-stop runny nose, but Amanda started her on a cough syrup that we make using licorice, mullein, thyme, and rosehips and her nose cleared up.  Poor little thing seems to be feeling a littler better. 

Ferrell and Rachel have been coughing some but nothing "major" so far.  I'm really praying that we can avoid having any doctors visits, especially since spring and fall is our usual time for that.

I'm thinking that with everyone sneezing, coughing, wheezing, and wiping noses this will probably not be an overly productive day.  Here's a list of a few things that I am hoping to accomplish in spite of my allergies:

Sweep & mop the living room and kitchen

Straighten the living room

Laundry

Make bread for Caleb (gluten free)

Clean the bathrooms

Gather books for the homeschool group used book sale

Locate a source for nutritional yeast (I've never used it, but
thinking it could be good for our food sensitive family members)

Inventory my pantry (and shed :)  so I can start my list of needed items from Sam's

Cook supper

It's a short list, but honestly I think I'll be doing good to get that much accomplished today.  Especially since we're having company come for a short visit, which should be fun since I have laryngitis :)  My children, however, are loving the fact that Mom can only whisper :)  

Well, time to get busy! 

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart you are doing good. This is a bad time of year for all of us allergy sufferers.

    ReplyDelete