Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week at a Glance

Sorry I haven't had time to post yet this week, but for some reason this week has seemed a little busier than usual.  When I think about it, it probably hasn't been, but it definitely seems that way :). 

As you have probably figured out I have no menu plan for this week.    I have been meeting myself coming and going this week and we have been eating whatever I happen to have in the freezer or can prepare quickly.   Some of the combinations have been strange even for me.  An example would be last nights supper.  We had an egg and smoked sausage "crustless" quiche (aka frittata) and bean dip with tortilla chips.   We have an abundance of eggs at the moment and lots of beans cooked and in the freezer so it seemed like a good idea at the time :)

Sunday I wasn't feeling well and still wasn't feeling great yesterday, but as you know life goes on.  I spent most of yesterday keeping my sweet grandaughters which does not help my productivity level any.  By the time they went home I was "wore slap out" as my Daddy would say.  We had a good time though and I am so thankful they live close.   

Today, my daughter called me at 6:00 a.m. to tell me she was having trouble breathing and was taking a breathing treatment.  That's usually a sign that I need to be prepared to take her to the doctor, which I did at 8:00 this morning.  When we got home, since Amanda had been up sick most of the night, I kept the girls at my house so that their mother could sleep.   Now it's about time to start getting things together for supper since the kids bluegrass gospel band will be practicing here tonight.   

I think that tomorrow should be a slow day and I am hoping to make some soap and work in the garden a little bit.   I guess we'll have to see though.  It greatly depends on how Amanda is feeling and whether or not I have the girls.  I absolutely am not brave enough to attempt soap making with two toddlers underfoot :)

Thursday I will be taking Amanda to a doctor appointment at 9:00 a.m. and taking Caleb to a doctor appointment at 1:20 that afternoon so I'm not thinking I'll be doing much around the "old homestead" that day.  Especially, since they will be having practice again that evening.   (They are working hard to get ready for their concert at the First Baptist Church in Eupora on Saturday night.)

Friday should be another slow day with another practice that night and Saturday is their concert in Eupora with The Red Roots Trio.   I guess that about sums it up.   So how's your week shaping up?

No comments:

Post a Comment