Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Not as Planned

As happens quite often around here, this week has not gone as planned.  So far I have not managed to get any cooking done for the freezer and have barely seemed to get supper on the table.   Why?  I have NO idea.  I don't think that we've really been any busier than usual, but for some reason this week has been a struggle. 

Part of it may be the fact that I've been spending a lot of time with my grandaughters this week.  My daughter, Amanda, is really not feeling well this week and has actually come VERY close to fainting a couple of times when trying to be outside with the girls.  I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed us to live close so that I can help her.  

I have great admiration for all of the young (and not so young) mothers of little ones.  It has been a long time since I've had a little one in my house for several hours and for several days at a time.  My youngest is sixteen and my house is geared toward older people. 

I have stocked up on water colors, crayons, wipes, playdough, coloring books, and story books.  We also have some DVD's, but I try really hard not to make visits to "RoRo's" about television.   We've also spent a good bit of time outside playing with the goats.  

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the girls, but they do require quite a bit of energy.  When my children were younger, I always had older ones to help with the younger ones, but with my grandchildren, quite often it's just me and I'm not as young as I once was :)

I'm thinking that, with Amanda not feeling well, AND this being her third pregnancy in three years, AND the fact that her husband isn't home much, I maybe better work on restocking my closets with inexpensive toddler friendly learning toys and games.  I'm pretty sure I will be enjoying quite a bit of their company over the next few months :) 

Maybe, I better work on organizing my schedule (you know, the one that I don't have) to include easier meal preparation, easier cleaning routines (yeah right!) and homeschooling priorities.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment