Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

What Are You Having This Week?

Weekly dinner menus are something that I have been doing for awhile now (at least off and on), but recently I have gotten slack in this area and that's one of the things I want to change this year.   I have found that we spend far less on groceries when I take the time to do this.  Not only does it prevent the desire to pick up fast food on busy days, it helps me to meet the needs of family members that have food sensitivies.  Also, when I plan our menus, it's easier for me to plan to make extra for the freezer as I go along and not have to depend on a day set apart just for freezer cooking.  So, in the effort of more consistent meal planning I will be posting our weekly menus on Monday of each week (that's the goal anyway) to help encourage myself to plan ahead.   So here's my plan for the week (subject to change if the need arises of course :)

Sunday -  Chili (already in the freezer)  (The band had a singing so we only needed one meal)

Monday - Deer meatloaf, peas, squash and cornbread.

Tuesday - Turkey dressing, sweet potato casserole, ham, and homemade GF bread
                 (most of which is already cooked and in the freezer)

Wednesday - leftovers

Thursday - Deer steak w/gravy, rice, green beans and homemade GF bread

Friday - Potato Soup and Taco Soup with cornbread

Saturday - leftovers

Due to everyone having a different schedule we rarely have breakfast or lunch together and since all of may children are older they usually have to fend for themselves for those meals.  I do usually have muffins and pancakes in the freezer as well as homemade bread.

Breakfasts (for those that eat breakfast) usually consists of  muffins (cooked and in the freezer), pancakes (cooked and in the freezer), cold cereal, hot cereal, scrambled eggs with toast, fruit smoothies or plain fruit.  Lunches will vary.  Caleb (and sometimes Murry) will take leftovers for lunch, Heath takes a sandwich (unless he eats out which he does quite often), and Ferrell and I eat leftovers or a sandwich.  Desserts and snacks usually depend on my mood.  This week I'm planning to have pudding cookies, apple crisp w/ice cream, and fresh fruit. 

Soooo, what are you having for dinner this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment