Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday's Tasks

One of my goals for the New Year was to blog more consistently.  I know myself well enough to know that I will never be able to consistently blog everyday, but I am at least hoping to blog once a week.  So far I'm off to a good start.  Two days in a row, for me, is an accomplishment :)   Everyone else may get tired of hearing about our "somewhat humdrum" lives, but my plan is to use my blog to help me become more accountable in certain areas of my life.  Organization is one of those areas.  Somehow, when I tell others my plans I seem more inclined to follow through with them. 

Yesterday I did not get up and moving until 10:00 a.m.  That's abolutely awful, I know, but I had been up until 2:30 a.m. unable to breathe due to this cold/crud I have.  I finally went to sleep at 2:30 a.m., but was up again at 4:15 a.m. and didn't go back to sleep until after 5:30 a.m., so I decided to cut myself some slack and not beat myself up over it.

Thanks to Ferrell being wonderfully, self-motivated towards school, he was able to start back with a few basic subjects.  I was absolutely NO help to him at all yesterday as I was still feeling crummy.  I began to feel better last night though and was able to sleep (again after 2:00 a.m.).  Today I am planning on breaking my day into "tasks" that I feel MUST be done today in order to get my home back into some semblance of order.  Ferrell will be (again) working totally independent of me, while I try to get myself back on track while still feeling somewhat as if I'm living in a fog. 

Today's Tasks:

SWEEP & MOP  (that may not seem like something you would put on a TO DO list, but believe me, right here today, it needs to TOP my list!

LAUNDRY (if we miss a day it takes over the house and poor Ferrell was so busy trying to do school and help me with other things that laundry just didn't happen yesterday.  Not a good thing on the heels of a busy weekend!)

DUST ( I know that there is some furniture here somewhere.  I just have to find it!)

STRAIGHTEN & CLEAN BATHROOMS  ( I live here with FOUR men, need I say more?)

STRAIGHTEN & INVENTORY PANTRY AREA (Holiday chaos, need I say more?)

There are quite a few more things that need my attention, but I figure if I get all of the things done that are on my list for today I'll be doing good.  Especially, since I'm having a little trouble with being dizzy everytime I move my head.   Amanda is also running a slight temp this morning, so if she gets to feeling worse I may find myself enjoying my sweet little grandaughters so that their Mom can get some much needed rest.  Oh well, if I don't get started I won't get finished.  Hope ya'll have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you all get to feeling better soon. I will be buying more colloidal silver and something for sore throat pain at the health food store this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been under the weather lately myself~ I know what it is like to have to break mundane routines into 'tasks' or small chunks!
    The kiddos are all grown now and most are keeping house themselves or taking care of family (as in my son's case; the provider) PTL for that! I home schooled them and often wondered if I'd done enough to train-- but I guess so they are productive members of society- yay!
    Sounds like you're doing the same training wise; especially if you can raise a young man to do School work INDEPENDANTLY! YAY! and PTL for it.

    ~ not one to mention the 'S' word around my kiddos, Pat

    ReplyDelete