Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Pie

I had never made Chicken Pie in the crockpot until recently, but I knew there had to be a way.   This is what I did and it turned out great.

Crockpot Chicken Pie

If you spray the the crock of your crockpot before adding ingredients it should help with clean up later.

Chicken    (I chopped up a couple of uncooked chicken
                 breasts into small pieces, but you could use
                 turkey, beef, or whatever you have on hand). 

Vegetables (chopped) ( I used potatoes, carrots, onion,
                  and garlic, but you could use corn,
                  green beans, peas, etc.)

Seasonings - (I used salt, pepper, celery salt, and
                       onion powder)

1 can of cream of chicken soup (I used my homemade cream of turkey soup)

Milk ( I didn't measure, but it was probably about a cup of milk.)

Put all of this into the crockpot and cover with biscuit topping.

2 cups of gluten free baking mix
1 stick butter (melted)
Add milk until it reaches spreadable consistency. 

I cooked this for about six hours on low.  We usually eat our chicken pie over rice, but next time I will probably skip the rice and serve it with a salad for a complete meal. 

It was really good and so easy and by using the vegetables and meat I already had on hand it was very inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment