Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Uneventful Week

This has been a totally uneventful week so far and I am loving it!  Monday, I did take my Dad to the doctor as he had been running a pretty high fever over the weekend.  We found out that he has an infection in his leg and since he is diabetic, anything involving legs and feet requires attention.   The doctor started him on an antibiotic and he seems to be feeling somewhat better.  He is still having trouble being up for long at a time though. 

Other than that we have pretty much been here at home doing some things that have been needing to be done.   The funny thing about homesteading is that there is always something needing to be done.  No time for boredom here.  No sir!

This morning I went over and milked for my friend that is out of town.  She has three nubian does and quite often lets me come milk for her when they travel and I get the milk.  It's a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned, because I enjoy milking and enjoy the milk even more :)

Tomorrow I will be going with my daughter to the doctor for her checkup.  She has a sonogram scheduled and we are really hoping to find out what the baby will be.  I think we will be taking Rachel with us, so that she can see the baby on the sonogram.  I can't wait!

Well, there are still things to be done, so I guess I better get to it.  Hope you're having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your dad is feeling better :O) And you are right, when you homestead there is always something to do. I would like to try goats milk, but my husband thinks I am crazy :O) Lets us know what the baby is!

    *Christi jo*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your dad is doing better! My grandfather loved goats milk and milked his own. He would not drink the milk from the grocery store. Hope your daughters checkup went well and you got to find out what she is having :) Hope you and your family have a great 4th of July.
    Many Blessings,
    Cary Ann

    ReplyDelete