Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Missed

This is the first morning in over a week that I haven't had someone to drink a cup of coffee with in the morning and I think I miss it.   Usually our lives are so hectic, with everyone on a different schedule that we rarely have breakfast or coffee together in the mornings. 

After our morning chores, Ferrell usually disappears to his room to study and I take care of the milk and clean the kitchen.  After the kitchen chores are done I take my Bible and computer (weather permitting) to the porch for quiet time and blogging. 

When I finish that it's time for the day to get moving and I seem to spend a large portion of my time alone or after about 9:00 a.m. or so I will have the grandbabies and possibly Amanda visit for a little while.   I'm definitely not complaining about that, because I've always been a "loner" by nature so it works just fine for me.  BUT, Hannah was such a great guest to have with her sweet, gentle nature and quiet ways I find myself missing her company. 

She didn't get up quite as early as we did most mornings and the mornings that she did get up early she would spend quietly in the bedroom getting ready for the day.  When she was ready and able to meet the "daily chaos" that constitutes our life she would come to the kitchen and visit with me while having her morning coffee.  I would usually have another cup myself and it really made for a peaceful, calm start to the day.   Hannah, you are missed and if you are up to it, we are looking forward to you visiting again soon. 

Since I posted last night I have had a few changes in my plans for the week, so I know that I will not be making plum jelly this week.  Hopefully, I will get that done next week.   I am also pretty sure that I won't be making soap today, but I'm hoping to get to that either tomorrow or Friday.  If all goes well though, I should be able to make at least one of the girls dresses today, but I guess I'll just have to see how the day goes. 

Well, as much as I enjoy sitting on my porch in the mornings I guess I better take myself into the house and get started.  If I don't, I won't get much of anything done, now will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment