Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu plan for week of June 19, 2011

It's time to get back on track with my menu planning.  Last week we had some very strange meals and combinations of meals, so I am determined to do better this week.  It should be fairly easy, because we don't have much that should be taking us away from home this week.  That always helps me to stay on track.   I'm also planning to keep things simple, it's WAY too hot to do any major cooking :)

Here's the plan.

Sunday -  Pork tenderloin (crockpot), mashed potatoes (crockpot), and green beans with gluten free bread

Monday - Southern Smoked Sausage Rice Pilaf and salad

Tuesday - Crockpot Meat loaf, dried black-eye peas (crockpot), squash, cornbread

Wednesday - Leftovers, Potato Soup, Sandwiches

Thursday - Mexican Night (tacos, burritos, mexican cheesecake, and whatever else I think of :)

Friday - Hamburgers and Potato Salad

Saturday - Homemade Pizza



Breakfast - cheese toast, smoothies, fruit, hot or cold cereal, eggs & toast

Lunch - Sandwiches, leftovers, potato soup, fruit, smoothies

Snacks - chips & salsa, fruit & cheese, cookies, smoothies


My garden is coming along nicely and I have quite a few green tomatoes on the vines.  I am so ready for a fresh homegrown tomato sandwich.    I also have a few peppers coming in.  My squash is loaded with blooms, but I'm really afraid the heat will kill them before we are actually able to harvest any.  I guess we'll see. 

I was able to stop by the local produce market last week and was thankful to get several pounds of yellow squash for a good price.  I've already got it dehydrated and in jars for the winter.  I also picked up a few fresh tomatoes that were much better than the ones I have been getting at the grocery store.   I enjoyed every BITE of those tomatoes too :)

I guess, since I do have several projects going that need my attention, it's time to stop my ramblings.  Hope all of you have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment