Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Hannah's Visit

I know that I haven't posted much this week, but we have been keeping busy as usual.  Actually, I guess this week hasn't been "as usual" since this week we have been enjoying a visit from a sweet young lady from Texas. 

My middle son, Caleb, and I left early Tuesday morning for Texarkana to pick up his friend Hannah.  After meeting up with Hannah and her Mom we loaded up her stuff and headed for home.  I'm not much for traveling so for me it was a LONG trip, but the good company made it bearable :)

Hannah is very sweet girl and a really good sport.   Since she is from the city, coming to our little homestead is quite a "culture shock", but she has pitched right in with a sweet and willing spirit.   We are so thankful that she has a sense of humor, otherwise she probably would have had a pretty tough time of it as we quite often have "Green Acres" moments.  We've greatly enjoyed our time getting to know Hannah and are not looking forward to returning her to her family in Texas.

I have to say that Hannah is the first person I've ever seen drive a tractor in a skirt and high heels, but it didn't slow her down one bit.   I think she could probably do just about anything she sets her mind to ;).  Here's a few pictures from our week.

Caleb giving Hannah a ride on the tractor


Rachel and Ellen wanted a ride too.




Hannah learning to drive the tractor.  Caleb looks a little scared ;)

Learning to milk.


2 comments:

  1. What an adventure! Hannah will have a lot of good stories to tell when she returns home. Oh, how I love your life and I miss homesteading! Have a safe and happy weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Hope you have a great weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete