Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back to Normal

As much as we enjoyed our visitor the past week, it is now time for things to get back to our "somewhat" normal routine.  

Caleb and I took Hannah to meet her family in Texarkana today and I have to say that I am definitely not as young as I used to be.  We left at 6:15 this morning and got home about 7:00 this evening and boy am I tired and stiff from riding so long.

We had a great time getting to know Hannah and I really enjoyed having company while I was working around the house, but I really didn't do much that was productive. I wanted to have time to enjoy Hannah's visit and to be honest it was really nice to have a quiet, uneventful, lazy week.  Maybe we should have company more often :) 

BUT, since all good things must come to an end, it is now time for me to get to work.  Tomorrow I am planning on making a batch of citrus swirl goat's milk soap and hopefully work in the garden a little bit.  If I have time I am also planning on making a dress for Rachel.  I bought some really cute fabric on a recent trip to Tupelo and am looking forward to getting it sewed up into dresses for the girls.   I'm planning to post pictures when I am finished. 

Later this week the plan is to make more plum jelly.  A sweet lady that we go to church with is giving me several gallons of plum juice and I can't wait to put it to good use.    I'm  also thinking I may try making a plum cobbler. 

I never did get around to making a menu plan for this week, but since I sort of "did away" with my menu plan for last week I will probably use some of those meals for this week.  Maybe I can "get it together" enough to make a plan for next week :)

Well, I'm tired so I think I'll be calling it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment