Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Full Day

Yesterday was a pretty full day for us.  I am very thankful that I didn't have lots of errands to run and nothing that really REQUIRED my time away from home.  I did, however, make a quick trip to Lowe's to pick up some inexpensive pipe insulation.  

I purchased the pipe insulation to make "bumper pads" for the new trundle bed that my son Caleb made for my grandaughter.  Little Ellen is just learning to walk and still falls quite a bit.  Last week she fell and hit the bed frame at least three times in one day and ended up with bruises on her head, leg, and chin.  Amanda and I decided it was time to take care of that little problem. 

The pipe insulation fits just right over the wood frame and really doesn't look bad.  I guess we could paint it or something, but it is a dark charcoal gray color and doesn't really look bad at all.  What doesn't look so great is the pad we made for the corners. 

We cut the pipe insulation into smaller sections, but since it is in the corner it seems to want to "pop" off easily.   Amanda had some black duck tape in her shed that we used to hold those pieces in place.  She taped it in such a way that it "almost" looks like a vinyl corner cover.    Oh well, it was cheap and our baby's little body will be much better protected.

While Amanda and I were "fixing" the trundle bed Ferrell started mowing the yard.  Since there is such a big area to mow it took him several hours.    After he finished the mowing that could be done with an actual lawn mower, he came over and helped me in the garden.  We were able to pretty much finish up the weeding and mulching and were also able to get the small "pea patch" planted.  I'm glad we were able to get that done, since it is looking like rain here today.  

My menu plan for the week has already been changed.  We ended up having a roast with carrots and potatoes for supper, along with some fresh sweet corn that my dear neighbor brought to me yesterday.   I guess we are "winging it" after all :) 

 I am hoping to get back on track today, but we will see.  I am discovering more and more that it's okay for me to just "go with the flow" and not stress so much over things.  That's a hard lesson, but it does simplify life quite a bit.

I was also able to get most of the laundry done yesterday, as well as, some basic house cleaning.  There is still quite a bit to be done in the house and I still have a couple of sewing projects to finish for the girls.  Maybe if it's raining I will be content to work on those, instead of finding things to do outside ;) 

In the midst of all the work going on yesterday I did find time to play with two very sweet little girls for awhile.  They love for their RoRo to push them on the swing, so that is exactly what their RoRo did. 

We also walked over to Granna and D-Dad's house (my parents) for a popsicle.   It is so wonderful to see how much my grandchildren love their great grandparents and how much the great grandparents "light up" to see those precious little ones coming.   

I've enjoyed spending some time on the front porch with my coffee and computer this morning, but all good things must come to and end.  I do believe that I have laundry waiting, dishes to be washed, milk to care for, sewing to start, soap to make, annnnnd you get the idea, right? 

1 comment:

  1. I am finding the older my children get the more flexible I must be! It's not that we are going away from home all the time, but that they have schedules that must be worked around and that Lauren calls to ask to come and stay for a few days and we want to be available when she needs us. So my plans change based on theirs and that's okay for now.

    ReplyDelete