We were able to get most of the yard work done and I was also able to do the sewing I've been trying to get done. I made two dresses for the girls (one each) and also some diaper inserts to be used with Ellen and also the new baby when it arrives.
The diaper inserts are made from an old towel cut to the correct size and doubled. I also made some from and old micro-fiber dish towel that I had. The new inserts are working just as well as the ones we purchased when Amanda was pregnant with Rachel and they were free. It doesn't get any better than that.
I am planning to use some older receiving blankets to make a few more diapers for Amanda as well, since many of the cloth diapers she got with Rachel are getting very threadbare. We will probably purchase a couple of new "bum genius" diaper covers, but I think that the receiving blankets, coupled with the inserts should work very well and eliminate the need to purchase more cloth diapers.
I thought I would share a picture of Rachel in the dress I made for her.
|Notice the matching flip flops. That was a total coincidence, but they looked really cute with the dress :)|