Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lists

I'm sure that most of you have figured out by now that I'm one of those people that does not function well without a list to keep me organized.  I make lists for just about everything.  I have lists for cleaning, shopping, cooking, gardening, homeschooling, band records, you name it and I've probably got a list for it.  

Making lists helps me to stay on track and organized.  There are so many distractions throughout the average day that making a list helps me to prioritize.  Even if I don't complete everything on my list for the week I at least know what needs to be done and where I need to focus my energies first. 

For me, lists are an essential tool.  So here's my TO DO list for this week. Thankfully I have quite a bit of it done already.

Make broth and jello for Caleb (that's all he can eat the day before his colonoscopy)


Make yogurt & kefir 

Make cinnamon rolls for the freezer (gluten free & non-gluten free)

Make poultry stock (I have both chicken and turkey carcasses)

Cook ham bone for ham broth

Make bread for Caleb

Make basic soap for laundry detergent

Make laundry detergent

Clean my desk (It is continously piling up.)

Review several subjects with Ferrell

Sew up two nursing capes for a friend

Place order to food co-op

Pick up order from food co-op (about 1 1/2 hours away)

Regular household chores (laundry, cooking, straightening, bathrooms, sweeping & mopping)

Work on goat pasture fence

Make some freezer meals for my parents

Garden and yard work

Clean off front porch (Again!)

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I are all about lists. In fact people sometimes tease my husband about his things to do list but he is one of the most organized people I know and he gets alot done. Now that we are getting older it helps us not to forget things. you have so many great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone! I have to make a list for the list I lost and couldn't find! But, you are right, my list does help me through the day. Hugs!
    Loretta's Giveaway

    ReplyDelete