Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Relaxed and Peaceful

Yesterday was absolutely wonderful.    I have got a bad case of spring fever already and it's only the middle of February.  What's a girl to do?  Well, I'll tell you what I did.  I got up early and did all of my housework (at least I did almost all of my housework :), got Ferrell started on school, and made goodies for my Wednesday night class at church.  Then I had the whole afternoon (at least until time to get supper ready so we could make it to church on time :) to work (play) outside.  Yay!!! 

To start, I cleaned off my front porch.  It's recently been the catch all place for anything my family doesn't want to walk to the shed and put away.  I got all of the "junk" off of the porch, swept it and arranged the porch furniture.  After that I filled my hummingbird feeder.  I know that it's early, but it's also warm and usually as soon as it gets warm our little hummingbird friends start looking for the feeders.  Next I spent some time raking pine straw (we have A LOT of pine straw).  I now have several piles to use for mulch around my blueberries and also to put over newspapers between my raised beds to help cut down on hoeing and weeding in the garden.   I then spent some time sitting on my "clean" porch doing computer work and some writing.   By the time I finished my grandaughter was outside and ready to play amd after that it was time to start getting things ready for supper and church.  

I have to say that yesterday was one of the most relaxing and peaceful days that I have had in a long time!   I am soooo thankful for the warm temperatures this week and the opportunity to be outside in the sunshine.  It works wonders on the mind and spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment