Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cheeseburger Soup

A while back I purchased a new cookbook on Amazon titled "Make it Fast, Cook It Slow."  All of the recipes in it are either gluten free or easily adaptable to gluten free.  I decided to try the recipe for Cheeseburger soup last night and I have to say it was delicious.  I admit that I only used her recipe for a guideline though.  I didn't have some of the things on hand so this is how MY recipe ended up.

1 pound ground deer meat (browned)
4 cups beef broth
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
4 potatoes ( peeled and cut into small pieces)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup milk

The original recipe is designed to be cooked in the crockpot, but since I waited so late to start mine I just did it on the stove.   My family loved it so much I think it will become a regular around here. 

Oh, I also made a pot of rice and the soup was really good over the rice.  I know that isn't exactly a balanced meal, but oh well :)

If you decide you're interested in having the "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow" cookbook by Stephanie O'Dea I would appreciate it if you would help me out by shopping through my Amazon link in the sidebar.    It's a really great cookbook with lots of delicious recipes that are not too complicated for the average person, which is exactly what I need :)

No comments:

Post a Comment