Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gluten Free Dessert Idea

This was a spur of the moment dessert that I threw together Saturday afternoon and surprisingly it turned out wonderful.   I'll share with you what I did although I don't have an exact recipe, because I was making it up as I went along.

The first thing I did was take inventory of my kitchen cabinets.  I discovered a bag of marshmallows, 3/4 bag of chocolate chips, and a box of Rice Chex cereal.

I melted half of the marshmallows with butter, added enough Rice Chex cereal to "smush together" to press into the bottom of a  baking dish to form a "crust".  I then melted all of the chocolate chips with the rest of the marshmallows and about a tablespoon of butter and spread it on top of the "crust".  I topped that with dry Rice Chex cereal and sort of "smushed" them into the gooey chocolate/marshmallow mix already in the pan.   After they had cooled a little bit I sliced them into bars.  It was quick and easy and very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment