Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Muffins

Muffins are one of the things that I try to keep baked and in the freezer.  They heat up quick and are "almost" as good as fresh from the oven.  These peanut butter muffins are usally a hit with everyone that tries them.  I honestly cannot remember where I got the original recipe for these, but I think it was from an old cookbook my mother had.  Anyway, as always, I make changes as needed to fit whatever ingredients I have on hand and also to adapt to gluten free.

Here's the original recipe.

Peanut Butter Muffins

1 3/4 cups sifted flour (all purpose)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk

Sift together flour, soda, and salt.  Mix sugar with peanut butter until well blended.  Beat egg and add to peanut butter mixture.  Beat until smooth.  Add flour alternately with buttermilk.  Beat after each addition until batter is smooth.  Spoon batter into a well-greased muffin pan.  Bake at 350 degrees until done.  This makes 1 loaf or 12 medium muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment