Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Couldn't Stand It Any Longer!

With all of this beautiful weather we've been having I have had a case of Spring Fever like you wouldn't believe.  I have been outside almost everyday working in the yard, moving the chicken tractor, cleaning in the barn, clearing out some of the raised beds, and cleaning and rearranging things on our front porch.  Anything that would keep me outside.   

Well, even with all of that, I have been "itching" to plant something.  I have held off due to not knowing if we would have another REALLY cold snap come through.  Yesterday I couldn't stand it any longer.  I went ahead and planted a few things.  Not many, but enough that I was able to get my hands in the dirt for a little while.  I planted a few cabbage plants, spinach plants, kale plants and basil (seeds).    I am so looking forward to gardening this year and am hoping to expand my garden quite a bit.  I love watching things grow and being able to grow things that will benefit my family is such as blessing.     Yep, I think I'm ready for SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment