Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Soup & Salad Kind of Week

Due to quite a few different activities and distractions we have going on around here, I think we will be having a soup and salad week at the Baker household.  I know, I know, not much variety, but it does make life so much simpler when I don't have to spend a lot of time preparing our evening meal.  Since I have just about emptied our freezer of pre-cooked dinners (with the exception of beans), we will be having a variety of soups and salads.  Thankfully, I do have some pre-cooked ground deer and chicken in the freezer that will make things a little easier.  Hopefully this weekend I can take a little time to throw together a couple of meals for the freezer while making preparations for our church dinner and Thanksgiving next week.

Our evening meals will look something like this:

Tuesday - lentil soup over rice with lettuce salad

Wednesday - taco salad and corn on the cob

Thursday - leftover chili (from Monday) and potato soup

Friday - leftover soups  from earlier in the week and broccoli salad

Saturday - taco soup

Sunday - Church dinner

I'm planning to make enough taco soup and lentil soup to freeze for future meals.  We will also be having a variety of breads and chips to go with each meal.   I am so thankful for my three crockpots and rice cooker.  They will definitely be getting a workout this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment