Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

One Advantage of Being Strange

If you read my last post you know that I've been hearing quite a bit lately about my strangeness, or at least about how strange our lifestyle is compared to others around us.  Well, I have to say the advantages of my "strangeness" quite often outweigh the disadvantages.  Today is one example.  About noon today, I realized that I had not made any effort to plan our evening meal.  Since several of us have been sick the last few weeks I have also not taken the time to plan weekly menus as usual.  So here I am at noon today, knowing that the afternoon/early evening  (from about 2:00 p.m. until about 6:00 p.m.) would be busy with errands.  Thanks to my "strange and complicated" lifestyle I was able to go to the freezer, pull out a pack of already cooked ground beef and cooked (already seasoned) beans.  I dumped them into the crockpot, picked up a bag of tortilla chips while running errands and my evening meal was done.  There is nothing like the smell of homemade chili when you walk in the door after running errands on a cool afternoon.  Yum!  I think I'll stick with being strange, how bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment