Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Soap, Soap and More Soap

After trying (unsuccessfully I might add), to make soap for the last two weeks, Amanda and I decided that today was the day.  After a few early morning distractions we were able to get started.  Since I have sold just about all of the soap that we made the last time, I decided that I wanted to make at least two batches.  We ended up making one batch (4 pounds) of our basic unscented soap, one batch (4 pounds) of our basic lavender scented soap, and one batch (one pound) of goat's milk soap.  (This was our first time to make goat's milk soap, so I can't wait to see how it turns out)

I know that nine pounds of soap doesn't sound like much, but for me it's a lot.  We haven't been making soap all that long and usually only make one batch at a time.  Sometimes it will be a one pound batch and sometimes it's a four pound batch.  Soapmaking, using the recipes that I have, is not complicated, but it is time consuming.  I was very thankful that Ferrell was willing to help out with Amanda's two precious daughters while we were making our soap.  I feel very good about all that we got done today and cannot wait until tomorrow to unmold our soaps and get it sliced.   Hopefully we will be able to make another batch or two of soap sometime during the upcoming week.  I've had requests for our citrus blend and I also want to try a small batch using peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils.  Since I have never used those two oils I don't know how it will turn out, but I'm willing to take a chance :)    Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment