Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Menu Plan for Week of May 6, 2012

I have been very slack on menu planning the past several months and it seems that everytime I think I will get back on track with it life happens.  This time it's in the form of a complete hysterectomy for me.  I had the procedure done this past Thursday and am starting to feel pretty good, although I'm still a little weak and tired.   

During the couple of weeks leading up to my surgery, Amanda and I decided to get busy and cook enough meals to get us through the first couple of weeks.  Here's a look at the menu for this week:

Sunday -  pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, and chips

Monday - Taco chicken bowls with rice, chips, and green beans

Tuesday - Meat Loaf, peas, mashed potatoes, cornbread

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Chicken Enchiladas and tacos

Friday - Italian Chicken and steamed veggies

Saturday - Hamburgers


Breakfasts - cheese toast, hot and cold cereal, fruit, and smoothies

Lunches - leftovers, sandwiches, fruit, and soup

Snacks - fruit, smoothies, cookies, peanut butter and crackers


Amanda has had her hands full the past week or so taking care of her family of little ones and also taking care of me and all of the men folks at my house.  She has become a very capable young woman and has been willing to serve her family without complaint.  I am VERY proud of her. 

I am also thankful for the willingness of my husband and sons to pitch in and help do whatever they can to make things easier for her (and me).  I am very blessed. 



1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing ok. I have wanted to call. Mom asked about you. We have been praying for ya. Gracie is waiting (not patiently) to play at the park with the girls. Miss & love you!

    ReplyDelete