Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Menu Plan for Week of August 21, 2011

I'm going to give menu planning another try this week and we'll see how it goes :)

Sunday - Chicken rice soup

Monday - Turkey chili with tortilla chips

Tuesday - Homemade Pizza and Pesto Pasta

Wednesday - Beef strips with veggies

Thursday - Taco chicken bowls with tortilla chips

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Meat loaf, peas, corn on cob, cornbread

Breakfasts - pancakes, oatmeal, fruit, cold cereal, cheese toast, breakfast burritos

Lunches - leftovers, sandwiches, fruit, soup

I'm hoping things have settled down enough that I can actually follow a menu plan this week, but since we do have a few outside things going on it may or may not happen.

My youngest son has football practice from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. on Monday's and Thursdays which usually means I plan a simple crockpot meal that can be eaten at anytime or carried to the football field for a picnic. 

On Tuesday of this week I will be taking my daughter back to the doctor.  She is hoping that the baby cooperates so that we can finally find out if it is a boy or a girl :)  Amanda has been having a good bit of trouble with her hip lately and has been falling quite often.  She fell three times today, so we have located the crutches she had as a patient at St. Jude for her to use.  Hopefully, it will give her the support she needs and prevent her from falling again. 

In addition to football and Amanda's doctor appointment I am hoping to work on a few sewing projects.  I have three nursing mother cover-ups that I need to make for some sweet young ladies that we know and I am also planning to do some sewing for Rachel. 

Amanda and I went through the girls clothes recently so that we could determine what we needed for the fall and winter.  We found out that Ellen has an abundant supply of everything, but Rachel has two shirts, five jumpers/dresses and about three pairs of pants.  We're hoping to hit some yard sales and thrift shops soon to see if we can locate a few items for her.  I'm also working on a few skirts and pants for her as well.  Thankfully, Amanda was able to purchase winter coats at a consignment sale last year that will fit the girls this year so we don't have to worry about that. 

I am also hoping to do some canning and maybe even some cooking for the freezer this week if time permits.  I like having things on hand that make meal times a little easier.  

One of the things I'm planning on making for the freezer this week is my Chicken/Turkey Rice Soup.  I have made it twice this week at Rachel's request.  I'm also planning on cooking some beans either to can or freeze for quick meals and maybe some pancakes and muffins. 

Well, that's the plan for my week.  How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment